didi davis food
Peach Jam, Peach Shortcake, Peach Ice Cream with a sprinkle of our organic and natural Raspberry Sugar. Ours is hand-crafted with organic cane sugar and rich, bright-tasting raspberries. Delicious and versatile, there are many wonderful ways to use Raspberry Sugar. Here are some more suggestions to get you started:
- Perfect for tea, hot or iced.
- Make into a syrup for your cocktails or use as a rimmer.
Baking and Desserts
- Try in fruit crisp by mixing with the fruit or in the streusel topping.
- Lemon or chocolate desserts.
- Sprinkle on top of fruit muffins before baking.
- Very nice on top of a fruit tart or in a fruit pie.
- Use in cakes, especially pound, butter, or angel food cake.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies, scones, or sweet breads before baking.
- In rice or bread pudding.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered and toasted breads, biscuits, or scones. These are great for afternoon tea, as well.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Dust pancakes, waffles, French toast, or crepes.
- Top fresh fruit, especially berries, cherries, or stone fruit.
- Dip apple or pear slices in sugar for a snack.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of yogurt.
Sauces and Sides
- Glaze butter-sautéed fruit (pears, apples, pineapple).
- Grill or roast stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots) and glaze.
- Sprinkle over green salads with fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, mango, or papaya, or dried cranberries.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette, especially balsamic vinaigrette. Spoon over fish or vegetables.
- Try a spoonful in mayonnaise and use for slaws.
Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, raspberries.