didi davis food
Celebrate the holidays with our new Limited Edition Cranberry Sugar Blend. Hand-crafted with organic cane sugar and tart and bright cranberries, this richly colored, tasty sugar is very versatile. Here are some great suggestions to experiment with our Cranberry Sugar:
- Rim a glass of Champagne; no better time of year!
- Stir into hot tea.
- Mix in or use with other cocktails, such as hot mulled cider or rum drinks.
Baking and Desserts
- With any apple or pear pie or dessert.
- Dust the top of a pumpkin pie.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies, scones, fruit crisp, or coffee cake before baking.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered and toasted breads, biscuits, or scones.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Dust pancakes, waffles, French toast, or crepes.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of plain yogurt and add your favorite fruit and/or granola.
Sides, Salad, Sandwiches
- Sprinkle over pumpkin or winter squash puree or roasted squash.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette, especially balsamic vinaigrette. Spoon over salad made with turkey slices.
- Try a spoonful in mayonnaise and use for sandwiches made with all the Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Use to make your cranberry sauce.
Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, cranberries.
I used this when making my cranberry shortbread cookies. After slicing, i dipped them in a mixture of sugar and Cranberry Orange Sugar then baked. It made them spectacular! Will buy again!
Rimmed champagne glasses for a new sparkle! It as also quite good on hot cereal.