didi davis food
Fresh, ripe blueberries season this very appealing violet blue sugar blend. Ours is hand-crafted with organic cane sugar and rich, bright-tasting blueberries. Delicious and versatile, there are many wonderful ways to use blueberry sugar. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Stir in tea, hot or iced.
- Use as a cocktail rimmer.
Baking and Desserts
- Try in fruit crisp topping or cobbler.
- Lemon or peach desserts.
- Sprinkle on top of fruit muffins before baking.
- Very nice on top of a fruit tart or in a fruit pie.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies, scones, or coffee cake before baking.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered and toasted breads, biscuits, or scones.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Dust pancakes, waffles, French toast, or crepes.
- Top fresh fruit, especially cranberries or stone fruit.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of plain yogurt.
Sauces and Sides
- Sprinkle over pumpkin or winter squash puree.
- Toast pepitas (pumpkin seeds) with the sugar.
- Grill or roast stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots) and glaze with sugar.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette, especially balsamic vinaigrette. Spoon over fish or steamed vegetables.
- Try a spoonful in mayonnaise and use for slaws.
- Make cranberry sauce with blueberry sugar.
Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, blueberries.